Wednesday 15 January 2014

Reliable Source: Michelle Obama says she won’t rule out Botox By Helena Andrews, The Washington Post



In a new interview with People Magazine Michelle Obama talks turning the big 5-0, plastic surgery and what her life might look like in 2017.
“I will be in my early fifties when I leave here and I have so much more that I should do,” Mrs. Obama said of leaving the White House after her husband’s second term. “I don’t have the right to just sit on my talents or blessings.”
The former lawyer and hospital executive added that “the sky is the limit” on what she plans to take on post-1600 Penn.
When asked which women in their 70s and 80s she most admired, the first lady gave a shout out to 80-year-old actress Cicely Tyson, who starred in Broadway’s “The Trip to Bountiful” last year and 76-year-old actress Jane Fonda. But don’t worry, Mrs. Obama didn’t forget her own mother, 76-year-old Marian Robinson.

“She speaks her mind,” Obama said of the grandmother-in-chief. “She does exactly what she wants to do every single day without apology. I’m not there yet, but I look forward to that.”
With her milestone birthday just around the corner--the first lady turns 50 on Friday, January 17--the subject of aging obviously loomed large. When asked how she felt about plastic surgery, Botox and fillers Mrs. Obama was diplomatic and didn’t rule anything out.

“Right now, I don’t imagine that I would go that route,” she said. “But I’ve learned to never say never.”
Despite the fact that the first daughters, Malia and Sasha, are still firmly in the nest Mrs. Obama said with the girls growing up so fast (say it ain’t so!) she thinks about the type of grandmother she’ll be someday. Using her own mother as the prototype, the first lady plans to help her daughters “achieve their dreams,” but that doesn’t mean she’ll be slowing down at 70. Basically the “having it all” debate doesn’t have an expiration date.

“I want to be that grandma. But I also might still be peaking,” said Obama. “I’ll have to balance it all--being a good grandma with doing the work I care about.”
Mrs. Obama’s entire interview is featured in the January 27th issue of People Magazine which hits newsstands nationwide this Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment