Tuesday 27 January 2015

Photos: Yasmin Eleby, 40-year-old woman marries HERSELF


 Yasmin Eleby and Mum

Yasmin Eleby promised herself that if she hadn't found a partner by the time she was 40, she would marry herself.

According to Black Art in America, Eleby gave herself the wedding of her dreams, with family and friends sharing in her happiness.
Her bridesmaids were her sisters, and her mother danced her down the isle. More pics and Eleby's vow after cut.....

 The Ministers that brought forth inspiring words (bringing me to tears) with Shana Hood Burrell, James Hall and Sandra Wright.

 
 My Mom & Sisters

 
 Beautiful bridesmaids

 
 Gifted Guitarist Ben Black. We've talked for years about him playing for me as I walked down the aisle!

 
  wedding coordinator


Possible vows to herself:
I, Yasmin Eleby, take myself, to be my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

The candlelit ceremony was held at the Houston Museum of African American Culture.
"I want to thank everyone again for coming out to help me celebrate turning the big 4-OH !!!" posted Yasmin on Facebook
Yasmin plans to travel to various dream destinations as a honeymoon gift to herself

Source- Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment