Thursday 4 June 2015

President Buhari "I Renew My Pledge To Destroy Boko Haram"


At a press conference after his meeting with the President of Niger Republic, Mahamadou Issoufou, yesterday June 3 2015, President Buhari renewed his vow to destroy Boko Haram.
"I renew my commitment to track Boko Haram into a corner, to destroy it. Five years of the presence of this evil sect is enough. On the issue of the Niger military positioned in cities of Nigeria, I think in the next four weeks we will be able to replace them with Nigerian forces so they can return to their country. I am four days in office today and we have already started the process of ending the insurgency ” he said 
He appealed for the support and cooperation of neighboring countries towards eradicating Boko Haram in the region.

In a related development, a new commander for the Multi-National Joint Taskforce MNJTF has been appointed. He is Major General Tukur Buratai, a Nigerian. Buratai until his appointment, was a director at the defence headquarters, Abuja. Major Gen Buratai has already assumed duties at the new headquarters of MNJTF in N’Djamena, capital of Chad Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment