Monday 27 January 2014

Atiku: The Real Troubles Of PDP Yet To Come, Says He Is On Same Page With Obasanjo Over Jonathan

Former Vice President Abubakar Atiku

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar said today the real troubles of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are yet to come and that its new chairman, Adamu Muazu, whose daughter is married to his son, cannot save the party from its woes.
Atiku was speaking in an interview with a radio station, Liberty Radio, which SaharaReporters monitored live from New York.
He stated that he is on the same page with former President Olusegun Obasanjo who recently in an open letter to President Goodluck Jonathan, attacked the latter’s failures in managing the affairs of the country.

“I don’t think the end of PDP’s trouble is over with Bamanga Tukur’s ousted,” he told his interviewer.  “I don’t think so; the troubles of the PDP are yet to come. I don’t think Bamanga is the trouble, I don’t think Bamanga is the issue.”
With reference to his agreement with Obasanjo over Jonathan, Atiku explained, “We don’t consult with Obasanjo, but the striking thing I want you to reflect upon is, read my convention address, read President Obasanjo’s letter.  In fact there are very striking similarities, the only thing is that I foresaw what is happening before him, that is just the difference but basically my convention speech and the letter Obasanjo wrote to President Jonathan have very striking similarity.”
On the emergence of Alhaji Muazu, he said, “Before he picked up the job, he came to me and told me that he wanted the job and I told him that if he picked the job, he cannot change anything.”
When he was asked whether the PDP that has vowed to rule for 60 years now have their days numbered, Atiku then answered saying “definitely.”
On the difference between PDP and APC, Atiku explained, “The PDP represents the conservative wing of the electoral divide, the APC represents the social democratic [wing] of our political divide.”
On where he will finally head, he said, “Let me conclude consultations I am undertaking and I will let you know,” he said, denying sponsorship of the Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM).
Atiku stressed that President Jonathan has never consulted him over the problems in the PDP.
He also pointed out that he never dumped the PDP, but that he was pushed out by Obasanjo.  He said that ever since his return to the party four years ago, he has neither been recognized nor been admitted into its Board of Trustees, the National Executive Committee, the Caucus or any high levels of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment