Saturday 25 January 2014

Goldie Hawn: Photo With Anti-Gay Nigerian President 'Had Every Right To Cause An Uproar'

 
Actress and activist Goldie Hawn addressed the controversy over a photo she posted with anti-gay Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan during an interview with HuffPost Live at Davos on Saturday.
"First of all, it had every right to cause an uproar. I had no idea," Hawn said, noting she "literally hadn't looked at the news" because she's been traveling and writing a book.
Hawn said that's "no excuse," and she was "absolutely appalled" when she found out about Jonathan's anti-gay views.
"This has nothing to do with my philosophy," Hawn said.
Hawn, who deleted the tweet and apologized to a number of her Twitter followers, called Jonathan's anti-gay actions "very fear-based" and "full of hatred."
"It breaks my heart because I have my own personal feelings about this," Hawn said. "This is man's inhumanity to man of the first order."
"It's more than ridiculous, it's barbaric," Hawn continued.
Hawn said she "absolutely" believes the acceptance of gay rights is "inevitable."
"It's going to happen, I'm sorry guys, you've got no choice. I hate to tell you, but we're going in the right direction," Hawn said.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment