Saturday 25 October 2014

Why I Fought With Patience Jonathan Over Rivers Money – Amaechi Reveals


Governor Chibuike Amaechi
Governor Chibuike Amaechi
Rivers State Governor and Chairman of a faction of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has alleged that his refusal to surrender the state coffers to Dame Patience Jonathan led to the problem he was having with the Presidency. He also blamed the resurgence in militancy and kidnapping on the backings the criminals were allegedly receiving from powers that be but assured that he would not renege on the oath of office to secure the state.
“Remember, when I became governor, I fought militancy. Right there where you built a new house, there used to be a hole where they pass into the river and escape. The security report reached me and I came here and chased the militants away. I asked them to fence the school premises and block that hole. I have to protect you because, it is my responsibility. Some of the militants went to Lagos, Ivory Coast, Ghana etc.”

“Today, they are back because the wife of the President brought them back to protest against me. I refused to give them money in Abuja because if I do that, I won’t be able to carry out any development project or finish the road from Rumuolumeni to Rumuepirikom. The quarrel between me and the wife of the President is because she said I should bring your money, Rivers people money and share with her”, Amaechi alleged.
He called on Rivers people and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to resist the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) from manipulating and rigging the 2015 general elections in the state. Amaechi stated this yesterday during the joint graduation of students of University of Ibadan and Pioneer graduands of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education held at Rumuolumeni, in Port Harcourt. He also expressed fears that if the PDP was allowed to rig and manipulate the election and President Jonathan was voted into office in 2015, poverty and underdevelopment would crumble the state.
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=191581

No comments:

Post a Comment