Monday 28 October 2013

"I lost my pride, self-esteem in my marriage" – Chika Ike

chike: Image: PulseDivorced Nollywood actress Chika Ike has come out with more scathing revelations against her ex-husband Tony Eberiri.
Chika, who acted in several Nollywood movies including 'Standing Alone', 'Paradise' and 'Emotional Blackmail', exposed her pain via a Facebook posts.
"Growing up as a girl, I was always known as the sweetest kid on the block. Before I got married, I had been through some relationships and no man had ever laid a finger on me.
"The first time it happened in my marriage, I didn’t understand it because I am not the type of woman a man beats but I guess [that type does not exist].
"It just happens and no woman deserves it. I thought it was love or his way of expressing his emotions, but after every beating, he pleads, cries and says it won’t happen again; once again, I thought it was love and made excuses for him.
"Over the years, when it kept happening consistently, I started looking for other definitions for it.
"I started losing my self-pride, self-esteem, self-worth, and most painfully, I lost my baby [in a miscarriage].
"I almost lost my life in the process, and then I realized how serious and abnormal it really was."

No comments:

Post a Comment