Monday 24 March 2014

The Oscar Pistorius murder trial Day 14



PISTORIUS TRIAL HEARS WHATSAPP MESSAGES - Sapa
The High Court in Pretoria was read a WhatsApp message from Reeva Steenkamp to her boyfriend Oscar Pistorius, saying she was scared of him sometimes -- less than a month before he shot her dead in his home in Pretoria.
In one of the 1,709 messages Captain Francois Moller extracted from the couple's phones, Moller read a message from Steenkamp sent on January 27 2013.
"I'm scared of you sometimes and how you snap at me and of how you will react to me. You make me happy ninety percent of the time and I think we are amazing together... but I am not some other bitch... trying to kill your vibe...

"I'm the girl who fell in love with you but I'm also the girl who gets side-stepped when you are in a shit mood... I get snapped at and told my accent and voices are annoying," wrote Steenkamp in a cellphone message, while Pistorius cried in the dock.
The message began: "You have picked on me excessively... I do everything to make you happy and you do everything to throw tantrums... "
In the message from Steenkamp, sent at 4.17pm, she wrote that it was the engagement that day of one of her best friends.
She said he had "picked on her incessantly" since he got back "from CT".
"I understand you are sick but it is nasty," wrote Steenkamp.
She continued: "I was not flirting with anyone today. I feel sick that you should suggest it..."
He "made a scene at the table" which made them leave early.
They were "living in a double standard relationship" where "you can be mad".
She went on to say that Pistorius could talk to her about how "you have dated another chick" but he got upset about stories about a long term boyfriend.
"You do everything to throw tantrums in front of other people. I am so upset."
She said he made her happy "90 percent of the time" and she thought they were "amazing" together.
She said she got snapped at and told "do this do that".
"You fucked up a special day for me" she texted.
She apologised for him thinking she was "hitting on" her friend Sam's husband.
"I just want to love and be loved ...and I'm certainly very unhappy and sad."
Pistorius replied later at 5.01pm saying he wanted to "sort this out".
"I'm sorry for the things I say without thinking and for taking offence to some of your actions".
He said being ill was not an excuse but he was upset that she left him to "go talk to a guy".
He was upset that she carried on talking to him when he walked away.
He said when he left he was starving because he had only eaten a tiny wrap.
"I was hungry and upset," he said.
He apologised for asking her to stop patting his head the previous day saying he knew she was just showing him love and apologised for asking her to stop putting on an accent.
Moller read another message from Steenkamp to Pistorius on February 7 in which she said she was unhappy about the way she had been treated at a function she went to him with.
"I did not think you would criticise me so loudly. I regard myself as a lady but I did not feel like one tonight," she said.
She said he was the one person she deserved to be protected by.
Moller said that of the more than 1,000 communications, 90% were "normal and loving" conversations.
Pistorius has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Steenkamp and to charges under the
WITNESS CAUGHT IN POLICE PHOTO - Sapa

No comments:

Post a Comment