Monday 4 May 2015

Floyd Mayweather says he has one fight left, with Amir Khan in frame


Floyd Mayweather, Jr. of the US stays low against Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines in the eighth round during their welterweight WBO, WBC and WBA (Super) title fight in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Image by:  REUTERS


That bout, scheduled for September, which will be the last in a six-fight, 30-month contract with Showtime and CBS worth a potential $250 million, will be his last and it could be up against Amir Khan, according to the Guardian.
“I want to give other fighters a chance,” Mayweather said. “I’m not greedy. I’m fortunate to be a champion in two weight classes right now.


“I’m the undisputed welterweight champion. I have the WBC and WBA belt at super welterweight. I have the WBO, WBA and WBC at 147. It’s time to let other fighters fight for the belts.”
It is unclear who Mayweather’s next opponent will be but Amir Khan will be an odds-on favourite should he shine in an upcoming test against Chris Algieri.

No comments:

Post a Comment