Friday 8 May 2015

Photos: President Jonathan Inspects The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line.

President Jonathan yesterday, Thursday May 7, 2015 inspected the Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line to see the level of completion of the project. Read President Jonathan's Remarks below;
 
“I emphasized the need for rail system in terms of developing an effective mass transit in any nation,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“When we are talking about mass transit, you cannot talk about it using taxis, small cars, even the luxurious buses. It will be too expensive. More pics after cut....
“We want our rail system to work and that’s why we are emphasizing intercity and Intra-city, normal rail and Intra city light rail systems.
“Of course, this government is leaving on the 29th. The incoming government will definitely continue because this is a noble project to Nigerians especially residents of the FCT.
“We are quite appreciative of the level of cooperation. The CCECC has been doing very well and of course, the ministry of the Federal Capital Territory. They are doing wonderfully well.
“I’m quite impressed. I have been longing to come and inspect the project for a very long time but for challenges in terms of my commitments.
“I think, this period, I really need to so that when I am having conversation with the incoming president, I will know exactly what to tell him because I have seen it myself, I have seen the level of completion.

“Of course, you know the usefulness of this project in terms of easing the movement of the people in the Federal Capital Territory. I have to congratulate Nigerians for this project.”








No comments:

Post a Comment